A few weeks ago on Christmas holiday, I watched an anime (Japanese Cartoon) about some chosen children destined to fight some giant robots to protect the earth. It is a good anime with lots of drama about friendship and parenthood. Although the parents and adults do not have the power like the chosen children, they still try to protect the earth with their own ability to ensure the earth still has a bright future when the children won.
Children are the next generation that will live and continue to carry our legacy. Therefore, it is a wise move to educate children with the right mindset.
Just a few days ago, I came across a website called thisiskidsart.com which was founded by Loes Knetsch. Having seen the good and educational contents about children and parenting, I decided to get a shot and contact her to ask some questions.
This is the written interviews I have done with her, which hopefully will inspire you to take a good care of the children. Her life journey will also inspire you to achieve your personal development goal. Enjoy
General Tidbits You Should Know About Loes Knetsch
1. Hi Loes, thank you for this opportunity. Can you describe a bit about yourself?
Yes I can, I am born in The Netherlands in 1960 and grew up in the countryside as one of 4 daughters of a head teacher and the sweetest stay at home mom ever, in a protected environment.
Had a quite bumpy road ahead, while married for the third time. I am blessed with 6 kids and 2 grandchildren (third on his/her way)
2. Can you tell me about what you do to make a living?
As a freelance worker, I am running a full-time children daycare since 2009 and make a decent additional income online with affiliate marketing and website development tutorials I write myself.
The Website and Children
1. What inspires you to build your website, the thisiskidsart.com?
It was always my dream to have a website, and I am so proud on the artistic works my children, so young as they where, are making it. I do love to show it to the whole world
2. What is the main goal/vision of your website?
To help parents and caretakers to enjoy being creative with children, but also to share my experience with parenting and housekeeping. And I truly hope to make a difference, because the core of my website is all about handling the environment in a proper way.
3. What was your struggle in building your website and how did you overcome it?
I truly didn’t know where to start, how to start and what to do, so I was searching the internet to find some affordable education to help me with these obstacles.
4. What is your best achievement in this website so far and how do you react to it?
My biggest achievement you must find in the little pleasures. As you know, I take pictures from the works of my daycare children, and my biggest achievements are the smiles on the faces of the children when they see their own art on the internet!
“Teach the children well, so we can change the future in one decade.”
– Loes Knetsch
Her Way of Life
1. When you heard the word “passion”, what is the first sentence that comes in your mind?
2. So simple, yet so touching for an answer:) Next, assume some people out there treat you as their role model. What kind of inspiration do you want to give them as their role model?
Keep things simple, accept the differences in every human being.
Listen to your heart, and not to what others say.
3. What is your biggest fear in your life? Any plan to overcome it?
Flying, never flew in an airplane. I am planning to overcome this fear one day, once my youngest son has left the house and lives his life independently
4. What is the biggest failure or lowest point in your life, and how can you rise from that situation?
Failures arrive as failures, but transform into learning points.
The lowest point I had in my life, where the last 3 weeks of my father’s life. He had Alzheimer and had a severe delirium the last 3 weeks.
The man I always look up to, loved inside and outside, forgot all he stood for and all his dignity. When I write this down, tears come to my eyes again. I guess I haven’t found a way yet to give it a rest.
5. There are a lot of mindset types that can prevent someone to achieve success, such as complacency, comfort zone, fear to change, procrastination, and many others. What was the negative mindset that have ‘attacked’ you before and what did you do to counter it?
Chase riches and status above love and caring.
I didn’t actively change my mindset. it just changed by life experiences. I guess I got the lessons presented by life itself
Creating a Better Life
1. How do you define success as?
Being content with all you have, you are successful when you stop longing for more.
2. What do you do on daily basis to make you closer for achieving success?
[smile] I just love what I am doing I have no need to chase success because it’s already here.
3. To have a better life is what everyone wants. In your opinion, how can we achieve it?
I believe what has to be changed is the distribution of the life’s riches.
It is enough for every human being but not enough for everyone’s greed.
4. Lastly, can you tell me what motivates you each day?
My husband! He supports all my hours behind the computer.
He always says, I am such a lucky guy. I never have to wonder where my wife is ! He has a shitty job. I want to make enough money online to bring my husband home.
“What you send out, you get back, so give everything to everyone.”
– Loes Knetsch
That’s the end of the interview. Thank you again for Loes who was willing to let some of her spare time used for the interview. If you have any comment, please do leave it in the comment section below.
Note: Beside Loes’ photo, all other images are simply for Illustration purpose and have no direct connection with Loes’ family or website.
Latest posts by Alexander Blue (see all)
- Sonia J. Bergeron – An Inspiring Woman for Celebrating the International Women’s Day - March 8, 2016
- These 5 Popular Antiheroes Will Teach You Some Precious Life Lessons - February 29, 2016
- 14 Amazing Long Lasting Couples for Your Valentine’s Inspiration! - February 14, 2016